Pages

Monday, September 03, 2012

Naked Face: One Week In

Hello!

This is my first weekly post for my own Naked Face Project. I know this is late but I was so busy last week!   I was attending conferences, visiting schools and I even went to a fashion show - all with no make-up and unstyled hair! This week's post will be a bit shorter, I am just giving you an overview of what small changes I have noticed one-week in. First though let's rewind and talk about my start on this project. I started the project last Thursday not originally planning to. I was feeling really great when I woke up and simply decided that today was the day. I am happy I decided to start out of no where, because who knows when I would have worked up the courage again!

I thought similar to the originally Naked Face posts I would show you how much stuff I used to use on a daily basis compared to how much I am using now.

Before:

After:
I should also note the first picture does not picture my blow dryer or two straighteners yes two I use to get ready. It also doesn't have an jewellery either. I almost always wear earrings or a necklace everyday. I think the comparison is actually pretty impressive. I cannot believe I have gone from using all that stuff to just brushing my hair, applying a little moisturiser and being set to go. 

I also have decided to start wearing my glasses on a daily basis. I am near-sighted and really only need glasses to see in the movies or in the classroom. That being said I am pretty blind, and would really benefit from wearing them all the time. I have had way too many moments of waving at people who "looked" like my friends from far away to justify not wearing them. However, I am sure that most people did not even know I had glasses. I almost never ever wear them because I hate the way I look with glasses. I decided that for the next two months I should give up on that vain thought and wear my glasses as much as possible. I am already loving seeing clearly all the time, it actually feels weird not to wear them now.

What is Different

  • I love getting ready. It used to take me anywhere from half an hour (minimum) to an hour and a half every day just to do hair, make-up and pick an outfit. Now it takes me five minutes. It has meant I can sleep later, work-out more and spend way more time with friends and I am loving it! Last Friday when Amelia, Ryan, Junita, Dennis and I went out for dinner (with the rude waiter) I got home late, worked-out, showered, ate (I didn't eat at the restaurant) and got to hang out with Amelia before we left. I was not crunched for time and could completely relax. This is something I could definitely get used to. 
  • I am finally starting to get used to my normal face and natural hair texture. I know this might sound strange, but I am so used to wearing make-up and styling my hair that seeing my face and hair in their natural state is really strange for me. My face without make-up has much less defined eyes, and I find myself picking out my blemishes much more. I am hoping that I will get even more used to it as the project continues on. I talked about how strange my hair was with my friend Bailey and she explained it would just take some time to adjust to seeing the natural texture of it. Her words really stuck with me and I have been concentrating on that every time I do not like how my hair has looked this past week and a half.
  • It seems that for the most part if I don't tell people I am not wearing make-up or styling my hair they do not notice! I thought people would a lot more, but it made me realize that maybe I do not look as different as I thought. The only person who has said something is Ryan. When we went out to dinner he looked at me and said "Uh, we are leaving in 5 minutes... are you ready????" and I saw "Yes", "Well you don't look ready" he exclaimed. Men. Who needs 'em. 
  • I love being able to wipe my eyes and not having to worry about smearing my mascara. LOVE it.
That is all for week one. I will have more updates this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment